How to implement ERP system (CRM / MRP) ?
1) Identify the most important needs and requirements of your business and users
2) Select the team responsible for the implementation project
3) Establish budget and project schedule
4) Develop the concept of ERP system with your partner
Full control of ERP
Through the concept, the customer gets a description of how the system will work, how the modifications will work, what the settings will be. From the very beginning, the client is not surprised by the functionality of the system and the processes, but it has full control over it.
5) Verify the infrastructure and choose the direction (cloud or on-prem).
6) Identify deployment steps and tasks for users (both client-side and deployment partner).
7) Prepare data for import – remember to clean the data (duplicates, inactive files).
Remember about the data import
With the data import plan, what data should be imported, where to prepare it, when who is responsible for the data, whether the data needs to be reviewed and cleared, whether the data needs to be verified between eg accounting and warehouse programs, commercial …
8) Train the implementation team with the basic processes and functionality of the selected ERP system
9) Prepare and verify the ERP system settings
10) Prepare and verify changes and modifications to the ERP system
11) Prepare ERP test scenarios
Test your ERP system
Test scenarios to have three goals – verification of the system before startup, additional user education, and can serve as endpoints for end users – ie how to perform the process.
12) Test the standard and modified processes in the system
13) Import data into the system
14) At the time (stage, phase) in which the system is already installed, set, modified, has imported data, is tested, invite end users to training
15) This means that at this point, training is required for all users of the ERP system
16) Prepare work instructions
17) After the training, you can also take exams with knowledge and skills on the new system
18) The last element is the final import of data and startup of the system.
19) An additional optional feature is support for the deployment partner in the first days after startup – so users feel more secure and have quick access to professional help.
Do not rush during ERP implementation
As it was said at the beginning, it is worth to divide the entire project into stages / phases. At every stage there should be elements for training and data import. It is also important to remember that some tasks do not accomplish at the end, only to divide them into several parts and spread over time.
Also keep in mind that users have to perform their daily duties at the same time, so spreading certain tasks over time will help them to do them without negatively affecting their daily work.
Following the guidelines “How to achieve the success of ERP implementation“, the goal is not only to carry out the project in the planned budget, scope and schedule, but above all to remember the good attitude of end users. No end user no system, no project will be successful!
Check our ERP tips:
|How to start ERP project?
||Why implement an ERP system?
||Ask yourself few questions about choosing ERP…
Popular posts about ERP:
|BENEFITS OF ERP IMPLEMENTATION
||Prepare your company to implement ERP
||Reasons to implement an ERP system
Download interesting presentation about ERP:
|ERP Guide – part 1||ERP Guide – part 2|