Do you have any doubts whether you really need BI?
Probably it was until yesterday, but it’s time to change it.
Join people who save, in a smart way using Business Intelligence.
Remember, Business Intelligence (BI) is more than a tool to support business decisions.
Due to the improvement of technologies and implementation methods, BI now has the ability to transform whole organizations. Managers who successfully use BI tools to improve business processes achieve much greater successes than using basic reporting tools.
What is the business intelligence objective of the company?
The main goal of Business Intelligence (BI) in business is to support the management of companies, business managers and other operational employees to make better and more informed business decisions. Companies also use BI to reduce costs, identify new business opportunities, and detect inefficient business processes that are needed for re-engineering.
What is Business Intelligence (BI)?
Business Intelligence (BI) refers to the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze and present raw data in order to create insightful and clear business information. BI as a discipline and as a technology-based process consists of several related activities, including:
• Data extraction (ETL)
• Processing into graphic form
• Asking questions and finding answers
What are the benefits of Business Intelligence?
Because you already know the business intelligence objective of the company, you should ask yourself what are its main advantages. Potential advantages of Business Intelligence programs are:
• Acceleration and improvement of decision making
• Optimization of internal business processes
• Increased operational efficiency
• Gaining an advantage over the competition.
• Identification of market trends
• Showing business problems that you have not seen before
How to choose the best Business Intelligence program?
• Think about what and how do you want to analyze?
• Write down your requirements and needs in 10 points.
• Think about what data you will need and where will it come from? – You can not do the analysis if you do not have data!
• Check that the software you are considering will help you extract (ETL) data from various systems.
• Verify its possibilities to create graphical analyzes (ease and intuitiveness)
• At the end, compare the price for the license and implementation.
Why is it worth using Business Intelligence tools?
Business Intelligence tools are mainly data-oriented decision support (DSS) systems. BI is sometimes used interchangeably with reporting and query tools as well as executive information systems. Thanks to these tools, business people can start analyzing the data themselves, not wait for IT to run complex reports. This access to information helps users make business decisions.
ERP knowledge base:
Popular posts about ERP:
|BENEFITS OF ERP IMPLEMENTATION
||Prepare your company to implement ERP
||Reasons to implement an ERP system
Download interesting presentation about ERP:
|ERP Guide – part 1||ERP Guide – part 2|